Apple search ads are quite in Trend Today. What many marketers lacks is the process of executing apple ads. Master your concept and unique steps to delivery an exiting campaign across all IOS Platforms in today’s Digital World.
Running Apple Ads is the same as all the other Ad platforms. You need to be aware of your goals and set a basic plan to achieve it.
1. Idealise your Goal:
It is that serious moment when you ask yourself what you aim is. What do you want to achieve with Apple Ads?
Are you trying to find new users?
Track existing users for app engagement?
Or do you want to target both of them?
Maintain an effective plan with all these things in mind and adjust your campaigns accordingly.
2. Ensure that your app is ready for deployment:
Make sure your app and any tracking methods you want to implement is configured properly. This is essential when you want to launch a paid campaign.
What are you opting for?
A third party tracking for in-app activity, in-app conversion activities beyond installations or does your app host a sign up page for new users to understand what the platform is about?
3. Decide if you want basic or advanced ads:
It is important to understand that there are 2 types of packages for Apple Ads.
Apple Search Ads Basic package
- For marketers with $10,000 or lesser as monthly budget
- Option to choose your CPI (Cost Per Install)
- Apples Machine Learning and Automation handles any further actions
Apple Search Ads Advanced package
- For marketers with monthly budget of more than $10,000
- Manage your bidding strategy by yourself
- Use advanced targeting with keywords, region and audience demographics
The Basic package is similar to the Smart Campaigns feature offered by Google Ads. The AI sorts out the time consuming part of the campaign for you. You don’t need to be an advertising specialist to run the Basic Apple Search Ad Campaigns.
For marketers who are familiar with advanced targeting, Apple offers the Advanced package. This offers the option to control your bidding further than just setting your CPI (Cost Per Install).
Set preferred keywords to mark up your ad for the right customers and use location targeting and audience demographics to customise further. Target the right prospects for higher app engagement and downloads.
Optimise your Apple Search Ads
Running a campaign is easy but without proper optimisation, it will surely encounter some hiccups on the way. You may not receive the desire results or maybe you’ll encounter some limitations which alter your campaign capabilities.
- Segment your campaign types appropriately: If you are someone who’s fond of total control over your campaign performance, then you’ll need to segment your campaigns as needed to scale up and adjust as per your marketing goals.
Segregate your ads the following ways (can be altered according to your needs)
- Branded vs. Non-Branded
- User type (New vs. Returning, LAT On vs. Off)
- Similar themes or categories
- Exact match in its’ own campaign
- Discovery (Search Match & Broad Match)
- Top-performing keywords
Creating a clean and consistent account structure will help drive efficiency and it makes sure the enquiries are getting funneled to the correct keywords.
- Raise your exact match bids: These keywords identify the users with high intent. These are the prospects to be targeted with higher values. Larger bids for these exact match keywords are more effective at driving conversions, as Apple displays only 1 ad per search query.
- Take advantage of negative keywords: If you find that certain keywords are hindering your ads performance, it’s better to add them to your negative keywords list. This makes sure these keywords doesn’t mess with your productivity and also helps boost the performance for other keywords.
- Using Discovery campaigns for ad optimisation: Discovery campaigns can help you find new keywords by relating your ad to search terms that that reciprocate your ad. You can drop these search terms as exact match keywords to maximise conversions.
When you run a Broad match or Search Match campaign, turn on “Search Match” for better results.
In the end, you want your Apple Search Ad to be stacked with keywords that drive high search volume, a low CPA and are highly relevant to your app. Maintaining a good Discovery campaign will allow the apple algorithm to do the heavy lifting and find some keywords you can add to your other campaigns for better ROI.
- Testing multiple creative sets: Although Apple doesn’t allow custom Ad copies, but we do have the provision for creating “sets” with custom arrangement of screenshots that you have already for your app.
Once you have a default set for your ad, you can set up new creative sets to see what works best.