Why is Click Through Rate (CTR) important?
When you open your phone, you are usually greeted with a wide list of apps from google. Let’s start with Gmail; your trustworthy mail companion, Google Chrome; your day to day highly responsive and stable browser, Google Play Store, the one stop shop for all your needs starting from productivity, games, movies, books and more. We reserve honorary mentions to Keep, Fit, Maps, News, Translate, YouTube, Duo, Photos, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google Drive, Ads, Waze, Analytics, Google My Business, Google Earth, Forms, and more.
How to create your new Google account on your PC
Creating a new Google Account is the same on your phone or laptop, but the desktop makes it easier as you have to go through fewer screens.
1. Go to Google’s sign up page in your web browser.
2. Tap on Create Account
3. Enter the name, username, and password you’d like to use for your account. Keep in mind that that username will become your Gmail address.
4. Reenter your password in the confirm password field. This helps ensure that you don’t misspell your password and lock yourself out of your new account.
5. Click Next.
6. If your first username choice is taken, the username box will turn red. Enter a different username in the text box or select one of the suggestions below the username box.
7. Click Next.
8. Enter your birthdate and gender.
Google requires all account users to be at least 13 years old and some countries have even higher age requirement, and to have an account that can use Google Pay or a credit card to pay for anything, the account holder must be 18 years old.
9. Enter a phone number and/or backup email, if you need to. These can be used to help verify your identity or get you into the account if you forget your password, but they are not mandatory.
10. Click Next.
11. Google will present you the terms, conditions, and privacy policies for your Google Account. Once you’ve read everything over, click I agree.
12. That’s it! Your new Google account is ready to go, meaning you can start sending emails, drafting documents, use google products, and more.
How to set up a Google Account on your Android phone
It is relevantly easier to set up your Google Account using your phone.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap on Google.
3. Tap Add account.
4. Tap on Google.
5. Tap Create account.
6. Tap “For myself” if it’s a personal account, or “To manage my business” if it’s a professional account.
7. Type in the name associated with the account.
While you do not have to use your real name, if this will be your main account, using your real name is recommended.
8. Tap Next.
9. Enter the birthdate associated with the account.
Google requires all account users to be at least 13 years old and some countries have even higher age requirement, and in order to have an account that can use Google Pay or a credit card to pay for anything, the account holder must be 18 years old.
10. Select a gender. If you do not wish to be identified by your gender, you can select rather not say.
11. Tap Next.
12. Type in your username.
This username will become your Gmail address as well as how you log into your account. If your desired username is taken, you’ll be told to pick another and given suggestions.
13. Tap Next.
14. Type in a new password for your account. The password has to be at least eight characters but thankfully is not required to have a number or special character if you want to stick to plain old letters.
15. Re-type your new password in the Confirm password box. You’ll be told how strong or weak the password you’ve selected is.
16. You’ll be asked if you want to add a phone number. This phone number can be used to verify your identity, help log into your account, and help people find you if they have your phone number. Tap Yes, I’m in to add your number or Skip the step.
18. Your Google Account is now set up, and your username and the length of your password will be shown. Tap Next to exit this screen.
Creating a Google account helps you gain access to everything google has to offer. As a user, you get to use the amazing set of applications and support from google. As a marketer, you get to use the analytics and ads to ramp up your online presence.
Leave a Reply
Get A Chance To Attend Digital Marketing Training Free For A Month